Residence Outside of Manitoba

To participate in the Plan, you must live in Canada. If you decide to move outside of Canada, you must cancel your membership before moving by notifying HEB Manitoba in writing. HEB Manitoba will then stop your premium deductions.

If you reside outside Manitoba and are hospitalized, payment of benefits is based on the rate Manitoba charges for the service, except for semi-private hospital room accommodation. The semi-private room benefit is 100% of the difference between the standard ward and the semi-private room rate in effect in Manitoba and Saskatchewan.

© 2024 HEB Manitoba


Disclaimer - This website provides a basic overview of the Healthcare Employees' Pension Plan (HEPP) and the Healthcare Employees' Benefits Plan (HEBP) (collectively the HEB Manitoba Pension and Benefit Plans). Not all employers participate in all Plans. Please check your eligibility for benefits with your employer.

HEB Manitoba is a name notation registered by the Healthcare Employees’ Pension Plan – Manitoba and the Healthcare Employees’ Benefits Plan – Manitoba and under which each of their respective undertakings is carried out.

The information on this website is for convenience of reference only and has no official sanction. View our full disclaimer here.