Transferring Employees

You are a transferring employee if you terminate from a HEB Manitoba participating employer and are hired at the same or another HEB Manitoba participating employer within 31 days. If your employment status is full-time or part-time, temporary or term and you currently participate in the Plan, the coverage you previously had will continue, but you must complete a new Enrolment Form. As a transferring employee, you are not permitted to change or waive* your current coverage, nor will you be eligible to enrol if you opted out of the Plan during the enrolment period with your previous employer.

* Except when you obtain coverage under another plan and declare this within 60 days.

© 2022 HEB Manitoba


Disclaimer - This website provides a basic overview of the Healthcare Employees' Pension Plan (HEPP) and the Healthcare Employees' Benefits Plan (HEBP) (collectively the HEB Manitoba Pension and Benefit Plans). Not all employers participate in all Plans. Please check your eligibility for benefits with your employer.

HEB Manitoba is a name notation registered by the Healthcare Employees’ Pension Plan – Manitoba and the Healthcare Employees’ Benefits Plan – Manitoba and under which each of their respective undertakings is carried out.

The information on this website is for convenience of reference only and has no official sanction. View our full disclaimer here.