Cancelling Coverage After Enrolment in the Healthcare and/or Dental Plans

If you are enrolled in the HEB Manitoba Healthcare and/or Dental Plans but later obtain coverage under an alternate plan (e.g., your spouse/common-law partner’s plan), you can cancel your HEB Manitoba Plan coverage by submitting a Change Form through your employer. The request to cancel coverage must be declared within 60 days from the date you acquire coverage under an alternate plan. If the request is made after 60 days from the date you acquire alternate coverage, you must remain in the HEB Manitoba Plan, but you can coordinate your HEB Manitoba Plan benefits with those offered under the other group plan. See the Coordination of Benefits section for details.

© 2024 HEB Manitoba


Disclaimer - This website provides a basic overview of the Healthcare Employees' Pension Plan (HEPP) and the Healthcare Employees' Benefits Plan (HEBP) (collectively the HEB Manitoba Pension and Benefit Plans). Not all employers participate in all Plans. Please check your eligibility for benefits with your employer.

HEB Manitoba is a name notation registered by the Healthcare Employees’ Pension Plan – Manitoba and the Healthcare Employees’ Benefits Plan – Manitoba and under which each of their respective undertakings is carried out.

The information on this website is for convenience of reference only and has no official sanction. View our full disclaimer here.